Friday, March 16, 2007

FBI Warning - revisited


It drives me crazy whenever I see that warning at the beginning of dvd's where they barrage you with some techno music, and it shows kids terrorizing the movie studios with their illegal downloading. I'm not going to get into my feelings about that other than to say, they are making money hand over fist and there is no end to the demand for entertainment in half a dozen media's, we're buying movies twice, on different formats and seeing them in the theater.
Good luck to you. It's the epitome of arrogance to point the finger at people who have legitimately purchased or rented a film.

BUT my point is in the old 'FBI warning' piece we taped the warning over and over until it had completely degraded. So I think we should rip that 'don't download' warning video at the beginning of dvd's and post it on the harvey ftp and make a link for downloading.
Maybe this could be combined with patrick's decree and we say on this day...blah blah...everyone should download the 'don't download' warning video. That ought to get some laughs. I'll post it at harvey and send him the decree.

1 comment:

Matthew Nash said...

I think you should have dowload links to the DVD "don't steal" video and your old FBI one.